AECP: Celebration Stencil Techniques



Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I am sharing two cards that I’ve made after completing the Celebration Stencil Techniques course. I finished this course about two weeks ago, however it took me a little time to come up with an idea. Plus, I wanted to stop at my local craft store to get some props for my photos lol. I hope you enjoy what I’ve created!


Card One:

4 1/4 x 5 1/2



For my first card I decided to keep the color scheme simple; black, white, and an accent color. I stamped my floral image from the Kind Reminders stamp set in obsidian black ink. I wanted the accent color to have a bit of texture so I decided to use texture paste and a stencil to achieve this. I then scooped out some of the white texture paste onto my craft mat and added a few drops of purple ink to it. Once it was mixed to purple perfection, I used my Kind Reminders stencil to add detail to the flower. I set that aside to dry while I worked on my card base. 

I wanted to use the Cozy Flannel cover die as my background and I wanted it to be black, however I was NOT a fan of a white card base behind it. It was just too much white and I felt as if it was taking away from the bold black background. Knowing that I only wanted just the three colors the idea popped in my head to use acetate as my base. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve used acetate as a base, but I feel as if it worked for this particular design. To hide the adhesive, I used some spray adhesive behind the Cozy Flannel base. I then used some purple paper on the inside of the card for the message. Once that was all done, I strategically added foam squares on the back of the flower so that they would not show though the clear card base. Lastly, I added a little mini hello as a greeting.

Heres a close up of the detail on the flower.




Card Two:

4 1/4 x 5 1/2



For my second card, I did some traditional stenciling. I used the 4 step Playful Patterns stencil set. For each layer I used a different color. For the blue flowers I decided to use some more texture paste. Just as before, I added a few drops of blue die to the paste and mixed it all together. Once dry, I cut the stenciled panel down to 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 then cut some plum-ish colored paper to  2 1/4 x 4 1/4. I glued both down to my card base and added the sentiments to complete the card!




Supply List:
Card One:
(Hello stamp) Hope Butterfly Stamp Set: https://altenew.com/products/hope-butterfly-stamp-set
Texture Paste
Acetate 

Card Two:
Texture Paste
(Sentiment) From the Rose Bush stamp set


Thanks again for taking the time to view!!

Comments

  1. The cards turned out great!! I have not even thought of trying to create one of these acetate cards. I think it takes guts to makes one. I would have print all over the acetate. I love the burgundy ink color on the second card. Had me swooning girl! Thank you so much for submitting our wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts