Altenew Inspiration Challenge - August 2022


Happy Saturday crafty friends!

I hope you all have time to do something creative this weekend. Today I am sharing two cards that I made for Altenew’s August 2022 Inspiration Challenge. I was really inspired by the Adirondack chair and the pretty plants around it. I wanted to recreate both the porch scene and a window scene. 


Card One:



Size: 5 1/2 x 5 1/2

This card was my take on creating the porch. I used Honey Bee’s Barn Wood Plank dies for the siding of the house. Next, I used the Altenew’s Potted Plants stamp and die set along with my altenew dye inks for the plants. To give the card a bit of dimension, I stamped each image twice, then I placed some foam tape between them, then I stacked them on top of each other. If you look at the inspiration photo, the porch had built-in planters. To recreate this look I used the Greetery’s Shiplap Builder dies for my porch floor. Just as I did the plant images, I stacked a few of the planks on top of each other with foam tape between them. This allowed me to slide the two spider-like plants between them which give the look of a built in planter. I finished the card off by placing my sentiments on a hanging “plaque”. The happy birthday sentiment is from the From the Rose Bush stamp set and the relax sentiment is from the Calming Cluster stamp set. Both by Altenew.



Card Two:





Size: 4 1/14 x 5 1/2

For my second card, I wanted to create a window scene. I started with creating the shutters. For this I used the Greetery’s Shiplap Builder dies. I have foam tape on the bottom half on the plank and double sided tape at the top. I built the window from the bottom up. 



Once I was complete with that, I used Lawn Fawn’s brick stencil to create the wall of the house. I then stamped two images of the flower from Altenew’s Kind Reminders stamp set and then used the Kind Reminders stencil to color them. Once cut out, I assembled card.


I hope you enjoyed both cards today. Let me know what you think in the comments below! Thanks for stopping past!

Comments

  1. Oh my! Your take on the challenge is awesome, Dominique! I love your attentions to details and wonderful craftsmanship. Really lovely! Thank you for joining the fun in August Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment