AECP: All About Layering 3

Hello crafty friends!

I have some good news to share… I have been accepted into the Altenew Educator Certification Program! I’m very excited to start this new journey in my “crafty career” lol. 

As part of the program there will be courses that I will be taking. Once each course is completed, I will create and share up to three cards to demonstrate what I’ve learned. The first course I took was All About Layering 3. Below are the cards that I’ve created.



Card One:
Mini Slimline: 3 1/2in x 6in

For my first card, I used the From the Rose Bush layering stamp set. This set is from Altenew/SimonSaysStamp. It was the limited edition stamp set that was available in 2021 during SSS Stamptember. I absolutely love this set! Blue is my favorite color so it only seemed right to create a beautiful blue rose. 


I wanted a simple color scheme, however, I wanted to add some dimension so that the card wasn’t too simple. I accomplished this by doing some dry embossing with an embossing folder. Once I embossed the card panel, I added foam tape and adhered it to my card base. Lastly, I placed foam tape behind the flower. Here’s a close-up of some of the layers:


Card Two:
Mini Slimeline: 3 1/2in x 6in

For my second card, I used the Altenew Garden Rose layering stamp set. I kept the color scheme simple here as well. I jazzed it up a bit using a D monogram with the floral images around it. I also used some wood plank dies to create the textured wooden background. 

To give the D a bit more interest, I used textured paper and then I stack four white layers behind it. I also layered the sentiment on top of that.


Practice Runs:
It took me a bit of time figuring out what images I wanted to use. I did a bunch of practice stamping using just a stamp block. Then I decided to break out my MISTI for some practice with that as well. Here are a few of the images from my practice session.




I hope you all enjoy todays post! Thanks for stopping past 😊.

Dom








Comments

  1. Wow I like the thorough yet succinct detail in your explanation of how you created these. You'll make a great instructor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first post, Dominique!! WOOT!! These are fab cards, girl!! LOVE the texture and layers! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work tot he AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts