Altenew Pair-A-Flower (Watercolor) Entry 2022

Hello!

I’m playing along in the Altenew Pair-A-Flower contest. The challenge was to create a project with any Altenew floral design and to use any of the Altenew watercoloring mediums. Then, pair it with the same flower in real life or a similar floral design and photograph them side by side. I created two entries for this contest.

I really liked this bouquet from my local grocery store. Plus the Seasonal Blooms outline stamp set I had was almost a perfect match!



My theme was flowers in the day and flowers in the night. Here is the card featuring the day time flowers…




I stamped the image onto Altenew watercolor paper in Antique Linen Distress Ink. The watercolor medium I used was the Artist Watercolor 24 Pan Set. Once everything was dry, I used the die that came with the stamp set to cut out. I then trimmed it down to 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and added some foam tape on the back and popped it onto some Spicy Yogurt card stock. 

My second card features the nighttime flowers…



I treated the paper with my anti-static powder,  then I stamped the image using versa mark onto black watercolor paper. I sprinkled clear embossing powder on it and then heat set it. Once that was complete, I watercolored it using Altenew’s Metallic Watercolor Pan Set. Once dry, I cut it out using the die that came with the set. Then I dry embossed it using the embossing folder that came with the set. Lastly I added foam tape to the back and then added it to the 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card base.

I hope you enjoyed both cards!
Thanks for stopping past :-)

-Dominique






Comments