Altenew October 2022 Inspiration Challenge



Hello friends!

I have a short post for you this evening. I am playing along in Altenew’s October inspiration challenge. Check out  this months challenge here, https://blog.altenew.com/easy-birthday-card-with-a-bold-background.

I have three cards to share with you all today.

Card One:



My first card features the new Gracious Peonies stamp set. I really love this big ol’ stamp! I’ve already made several cards with this set but this is the first one I’m sharing on social media. I stamped and colored the flowers using the stencil that came with the set. Then I cut it out using the matching die. It took me some time to figure out how I wanted to arrange the flowers on my card. After a few days I finally decided to cut it up. I was scared to do this because I didn’t want my work to go to waste, but I think it turned out good in the end! For the background I used the Scallops Cover Die. Before I ran the die through the machine, I placed a sheet of double sided adhesive on the back. This made life easier when it came time to add it to the white card base. I then arranged all my floral images. Once those were in the perfect position, I adhered them to my card and then I created splatters using Jet Black Ink Spray. Lastly I added a little bit of bling and my card was complete! 


Card Two and Card Three:




For the next two cards I used Captivating Blooms Stamp and Stencil set. This image is quite large, so after I colored and fussy cut it out, I added double sided adhesive to the back. Then I added a large portion to my prepared card front. For the other part that was hanging off my card I cut it off using my guillotine. I then added the left over price that onto my second card front.

Card two features the Cozy Flannel Cover die. I was going for a “fence” look with this. Card three features the Wave Form Cover die. I know… it’s a bit… different. But hey! That’s where my creativity to me lol.

I hope you all enjoyed todays cards! Let me know which one is your favorite in the comments below!

:-) Dom

Comments

Popular Posts